The Tomahawk steak is a bone-in ribeye steak that has been frenched, which means the long bone has been cut to look like a small hatchet. This cut sprang to prominence in the 1970s and has since become a favorite among steak aficionados all around the globe.
While the Tomahawk steak is more costly than a standard ribeye, the additional expense is well worth it for the taste and appearance that this cut offers. So, how much does a Tomahawk steak set you back? Continue reading to discover out.
- How Much Does a Tomahawk Steak Cost?
- What is a Tomahawk Steak?
- Where to buy a Tomahawk Steak
- How to Choose a Tomahawk Steak in the Store
- How big is a Tomahawk steak?
- How to cook a Tomahawk Steak
- Is a Tomahawk Steak Worth the Price?
- Why Tomahawk steak is so expensive?
- How much tomahawk steak for 4 people?
- How many pounds is 1 tomahawk steak?
- How much is a 4 lb Tomahawk steak?
- How many can eat a tomahawk steak?
- How many people will a 2 pound tomahawk steak feed?
- How many people does a 32 oz tomahawk feed?
- How many people will a 36 oz Tomahawk steak feed?
- How many tomahawk steaks are in half a cow?
How Much Does a Tomahawk Steak Cost?
A Tomahawk steak will typically cost between $25 and $45 per pound. The actual price will be determined by the supplier, the quality of the meat, and market circumstances.
We suggest purchasing your Tomahawk steak in bulk from a trustworthy online butcher if you want to save money. This allows you to receive the cheapest price per pound while also having the steak delivered directly to your home.
We promise that whichever you choose to eat your Tomahawk steak, it will be a wonderful and unforgettable experience!
What is a Tomahawk Steak?
A Tomahawk steak is a bone-in ribeye that has been frenched, which means the rib bone has been cleaned and cut . The name comes from the fact that it resembles a small tomahawk axe.
The Tomahawk steak is famous for being soft, juicy, and flavorful. It’s also one of the most aesthetically appealing pieces of beef, so it’s ideal for a special event or dinner party.
Where to buy a Tomahawk Steak
Here are a few locations to get a Tomahawk steak:
- Snake River Farms is a significant supplier of American Wagyu beef and Kurobuta pork. Their Tomahawk steaks come in both boneless and bone-in varieties.
- ButcherBox is a subscription service that delivers high-quality, ethically grown meat to your home. Their bone-in, grass-fed Tomahawk steaks are bone-in and grass-fed.
- US Wellness Meats: US Wellness Meats sells grass-fed and pasture-raised meats. Their bone-in Tomahawk steaks are offered in both normal and Wagyu variants.
- Porter Road is an online butcher specializing in ethically grown meats. Their bone-in Tomahawk steaks are available in both grass-fed and grain-finished varieties.
How to Choose a Tomahawk Steak in the Store
There are a few factors to bear in mind while purchasing for a Tomahawk steak:
- The meat’s quality: Look for a well-marbled steak with a brilliant red hue. Avoid any steaks that seem to be dry or to have black areas.
- The steak’s thickness: Tomahawk steaks are normally 1 to 1.5 inches thick.
- The size of the steak: Tomahawk steaks may vary greatly in size, so make sure you choose the proper one for your purposes.
How big is a Tomahawk steak?
Tomahawk steaks come in a variety of sizes, but most are between 16 and 32 ounces.
How to cook a Tomahawk Steak
You may prepare your Tomahawk steak in a variety of ways, but we suggest grilling or broiling.
If you’re grilling your steak, prepare the grill to high heat and oil the grates before you start. Grill the steak for 3-4 minutes each side, or until it’s done to your liking.
Preheat your oven to 500°F and lay the steak on a wire rack over a baking sheet if you’re broiling it. Broil for 3-4 minutes each side, or until the desired amount of doneness is reached.
Whatever method you choose to cook your Tomahawk steak, allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing into it. This allows the liquids to redistribute, resulting in a juicier, more flavorful steak.
Is a Tomahawk Steak Worth the Price?
Tomahawk steaks are a little pricey, but we believe they’re worth it. This cut of beef is very soft, juicy, and flavorful, making it a genuinely unique eating experience.
Furthermore, the steak’s amazing size and beauty make it an excellent option for a dinner party or special event.
Tomahawk steaks are a flavorful and visually appealing cut of meat. They’re ideal for a special event or dinner party, and they’re well worth the money.
Look for a well-marbled, brilliant red steak that is 1-1.5 inches thick when buying for a Tomahawk steak. You may prepare your steak anyway you choose, but we suggest grilling or broiling it. Allow your steak to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing into it.
Why Tomahawk steak is so expensive?
Tomahawk steak is much more costly than other forms of steak due to its exceptional grade. Its juiciness and softness stem from the fact that it is sliced from the ribeye, which contains more fat than other areas of the beef.
How much tomahawk steak for 4 people?
The tomahawk is normally 2 inches thick and weighs around 40oz. Remember that this weight includes the large bone, so you’ll get 12 to 15oz of flesh per person after cooked.
How many pounds is 1 tomahawk steak?
A average tomahawk steak weighs around 1.5 pounds and is 3 inches thick, although they may weigh up to 2 pounds. It is a tasty cut of meat that should be grilled at high heat to bring out the natural taste.
How much is a 4 lb Tomahawk steak?
Tomahawk steak prices per pound range from $35 to $70 a pound, depending on where you live in the United States.
How many can eat a tomahawk steak?
2 inches in thickness. This monster’s size makes it a great sharing steak for a special occasion or romantic dinner, since it can easily serve 2-4 people.The Tomahawk is cut to the thickness of the rib bone and is typically 5cm long.
How many people will a 2 pound tomahawk steak feed?
Shipping is computed at the time of purchase. This massive Tomahawk Ribeye Steak will not only wow, but it will also feed at least two people. The bone is around eight to twelve inches long, and the flesh is about two inches thick.
How many people does a 32 oz tomahawk feed?
We had roughly 32 ounces of flesh when we sliced the steak away from the bone. This comfortably fed four people (plus the dog’s bone!).
How many people will a 36 oz Tomahawk steak feed?
Wet Aged Tomahawk Prime, 36 oz.
This grand dame of the beef world is essentially an extremely tasty, soft, and beautifully marbled ribeye steak that is deliberately cut with at least five inches of rib bone left intact and can serve 2-3 people.
How many tomahawk steaks are in half a cow?
What Is the Average Number of Tomahawk Steaks in a Cow? Cattle have 14 ribs in total, which indicates that one cow can produce 14 tomahawk steaks. certain butchers do not utilize every rib, resulting in fewer tomahawks, and instead use certain ribs for other steak cuts, such as ribeyes.